The SIG Co-op Program gives you an opportunity to apply what you learn in class to real world business scenarios. As a co-op, you will work both individually and as part of a team in one of our trading, operations, or financial services groups. Co-op students are placed in teams based on their preferences, major, background and skills, and SIG’s most critical business needs.
A hallmark of SIG’s Co-op Program is the hands-on work experience you will receive. As a business co-op you may find yourself reconciling trades, compiling profit and loss reports, maintaining components of SIG's intranet site, or assisting with the production of market research reports. Co-ops who perform well may be considered for full-time opportunities at SIG, contingent upon graduation.
SIG co-ops are given the opportunity to participate in projects that will contribute directly to the various businesses that they support. Co-ops are immersed into specific teams and interact with senior staff members on a daily basis. Co-ops will gain insight into SIG’s business and its approach to decision making.
Possible placements include:
- Trade Operations
- Equity Research
- Private Equity
- Private Placements
Trade operations co-ops will have the opportunity to experience a dynamic trading environment. These co-ops are placed directly in front or mid office operations teams and are responsible for all aspects of trade blottering, settlement, and profit and loss calculations for the trading desks.
What we're looking for
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong communication skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Attention to detail; ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with various teams as well as autonomously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel
- Proficiency in Access and/or VBA required for certain roles
- Experience in the financial services industry or completion of finance related coursework required for certain roles
- Technical, quantitative, scientific, or engineering majors preferred for operations opportunities
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.