Due to our continued growth we have a superb opportunity for a skilled software developer with strong data analysis focus and a keen interest in financial data.
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of our Quantitative Development team and help designing and maintaining our data pipeline and analysis platform used by traders, researchers and other engineers. You’ll also support quants to deliver code faster and with high quality, working side-by-side with them, you will get first-hand exposure to cutting-edge research in a true trading environment.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Assist quants in software development tasks and projects.
- Building and maintaining datasets over their full life cycle.
- Create libraries and tools to enable access to trading and research data.
- Own the development roadmap and maintenance of ad-hoc and systematic tools and libraries that help the quantitative research team deliver high quality trading strategies and research projects.
- Assist quants in development tasks and projects. Provide advice on software development best practices, software life cycle, maintenance, documentation and deployment.
- Participate in the design, architecture and implementation of our data analysis platform, in order to make data, libraries and tools available to a wider range of teams.
- Design and maintain complex data pipelines that process financial data, making sure they are highly available, fast and correct.
- Modelling and management of large datasets, understanding storage, compression and locality. Identifying dataset sources, owners, clients and their dependencies. Removing bottlenecks and optimizing for frequent use patterns.
- Detect data/analytics quality issues all the way down to root cause, and implement fixes and data audits to prevent/capture such issues.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation for internal use.
What we're looking for
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- A passionate technically savvy engineer with a background in Python development (C/C++ and Cython a plus).
- Previous exposure to Python’s scientific stack (numpy / pandas), scientific data storage formats (hdf5) and visualization libraries (matplotlib / seaborn / plotly).
- Previous experience developing in Linux environments.
- Extensive experience with object-oriented design and coding and testing patterns, including experience with engineering software platforms and data infrastructures.
- Full software development life cycle experience (Build, Test, Deploy etc.) and experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with version control (Git), build servers and automated testing.
- Familiarity with the basic principles of ditributed computing and data modelling
- Willing to learn new technologies and to propose novel technical solutions.
- The ability to self-manage, self-motivate, and seek process improvement opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with traders, quantitative researchers, and other engineers.
- Good attention to detail, self-motivation and ability to react to changing priorities.
- Willing to participate and provide assistance in the deployment and maintenance of our software, datasets and grid environment.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Susquehanna.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.