We continue to expand our network infrastructure and invest heavily in advancing technology. At SIG, you will gain exposure to a large and complex network topology. Our Network Services team is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and providing support for the firm’s global enterprise network. There is always active collaboration between technology and business teams to coordinate configuration changes, provide root-cause analysis, recommend network optimizations, and participate in firm wide projects including upgrading and implementing new hardware and software. We troubleshoot issues that could include local/wide area networks, OSI Layer 1-3, wireless networks and third-party vendor connections in a multi-vendor environment across multiple Data Center locations.
At SIG, you learn the most by doing. With guidance and mentoring from your team, you’ll get hands-on experience beginning on your first day. In addition, your team lead will work with you over your first 18-24 months to create a customized development plan. The plan will focus on helping you get to know the people you’ll be working with, what your team is responsible for, and our technical environment.
What we're looking for
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Networking, Engineering or a similar technical major
- Experience in LAN network support, specifically troubleshooting OSI Layer 1-3 problems – network switching experience is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of network hardware, local area networks, internet protocols, fiber and copper wiring standards, Ethernet, 802.1 standards, and wireless technologies
- Scripting experience in Python or Perl is helpful
- Willing and able to work off-shift and weekends as part of a 24x7 support rotation
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.