SIG is looking for a VMware Engineer to join our Virtual Platforms Team. This is a tremendous opportunity to evolve the design of our virtual infrastructure and enhance its capabilities. This role will encompass both the architecture and design of our systems, as well as hands on engineering. You will work directly with our line of business and engineering teams to build new solutions based on virtual technology and manage issues that may arise in our virtual server environment. A large part of your role will be around automation and long-term solutions development to optimize our performance and stability of our 1800+ virtual server install base.
What we're looking for
- Minimum of 4 years of experience engineering VMware enterprise virtualization solutions required
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or similar technical field required
- Proficient knowledge of Linux and/or Windows (Server 2008 R2 or higher) operating systems required
- Ability to perform advanced VMware troubleshooting and support
- Large cluster administration with VMware enterprise infrastructure and features required
- Experience automating VMware infrastructure with PowerCLI utilizing scripting languages such as PowerShell or Python strongly preferred
- VMware Certification preferred
- Proficiency in enterprise virtualization monitoring tools, such as Foglight, Splunk or vCenter Operations Manager preferred
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.