As an application support associate on our Proprietary Trading Services team, you will be joining a group focusing on the support and technical operations of our core trading systems. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of server side application support: Job Scheduling, troubleshooting issues, intraday restarts, tactical response to production issues, deploying change and working directly with our developer and engineering teams. The systems you support are directly tied to our business and if these systems go down, it could impact our ability to trade within the markets.
Your role requires quick assessment, triage and resolutions of technical issues impacting our environment and business operations. Furthermore, our technology framework continues to expand and change, which requires our support associates to interact with and comprehend complex distributed systems. By joining in this capacity, you will be working to support the firm’s core businesses, while gaining broad-based experience across multiple technologies.
In this role, you will:
- Provide daily operational support of proprietary trading systems
- Coordinate, implement and support daily system level changes
- Troubleshoot client/server issues
- Support Windows and Linux based systems
- Troubleshoot trading related issues by investigating client/server log files
- Responsible for server side application support, job scheduling, and basic scripting
- Coordinate technical resources and communicate to both business and technology communities during production issues
What we're looking for
- One to three years of experience in an application support , operations, systems administration, or related role required
- Ability to independently identify problems and develop solutions required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The role involves some off-hours support/response and participation in an on-call rotation.
- An understanding of .NET and operating systems (Windows and/or Linux) is a plus
- Previous experience within a financial services or trading environment is a plus
- Powershell, Python, Bash scripting experience a plus
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline preferred
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.