As an Application Support Specialist on our Proprietary Trading Services team, you will be joining a group focusing on the support and technical operations of our core trading systems. You will be working side by side in technical and business teams as you support and manage our production trading environment. Your role requires immediate assessment, triage and resolutions of technical issues impacting our environment and business operations. Our technology framework continues to expand and change, which requires our support associates to comprehend complex distributed systems, address any new issues, and communicate it across varied business functions. By joining in this capacity, you will be working to support the firm’s core businesses, while gaining broad-based experience across multiple technologies.
In this role, you will:
- Provide daily operational support of proprietary trading system
- Troubleshoot client/server issues
- Support Windows and Linux based systems
- Troubleshoot trading related issues by investigating client/server log files
- Responsible for server side application support, job scheduling, and basic scripting
- Coordinate technical resources and communicate to both business and technology communities during production issues
What we're looking for
- Experience in an application support, operations, systems administration, or related role
- BS in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, etc) is preferred
- An understanding of .NET and operating systems (Windows and/or Linux) is a plus
- Powershell, Python, Bash scripting coursework or experience a plus
- Previous experience within a financial services or trading environment is a plus
- The role involves some off hours support/response and participation in an on-call rotation
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.