SIG has a job opportunity available on our Technical Facilities team. This team is directly responsible for the design, build-out, maintenance and support of the firm’s critical infrastructure, including trading facilities, data centers and co-location facilities located across the globe. SIG’s data centers span approximately 8,000 – 15,000 square feet across each location.
Our Engineers liaise with members of our Information Technology teams, outside Engineering firms and various equipment vendors in the selection and evaluation of mission critical infrastructure that will be utilized across the firm, and to assess power, cooling, space and structural requirements to design solutions that meet the needs of our business. Their function is broad and multi-disciplinary, offering them the opportunity to leverage their technical expertise and creativity to design solutions that will not only meet the needs of the business today but that will be scalable to its evolving needs.
If you join our team, you will:
- Participate in the design, build-out, maintenance, and evolution of critical infrastructure throughout the firm’s global footprint
- Support the expansion of the firm’s office space, trading facilities, and data centers
- Partner with IT to ascertain equipment requirements; analyze specifications to evaluate equipment and design solutions to address those needs
- Collaborate with third party vendors to ensure product design will meet project specifications
- Gain broad exposure to all facets of data center management, including, but not limited to, power and cooling units, power strip design, installation and support, cabinet set up and equipment installation, heat pump installation, maintenance of several hundred ton chillers, and installation of CRAC units.
- Leverage your knowledge of and interest in technology to ensure infrastructure designs will fully address technical needs
Who We Are
SIG is a proprietary trading firm that’s dependent on a strong and creative technology team. We sit next to our stakeholders, allowing for a quick feedback cycle and a firsthand look at how our user interacts with our product. We value decision making and asking questions, and we pride ourselves on the fact that working at SIG is more than just a job.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering required
- Knowledge of Information Technology, including an understanding of computers, servers, networking and related equipment required
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills that facilitate teamwork and interaction with colleagues and internal clients
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.