You will join the existing ultra-low latency support team and provide technical and production support for all trading, operational and support systems within the team.
This is a very demanding and highly technical role which requires you to display strong technical skills and application knowledge in making critical support decisions while working under pressure. You will also to manage complex project work for new or existing support systems, monitoring systems, support tools and/or deployment of new software trading systems.
- Evaluation, improvement and development of trading support procedures and processes, implementation of required/agreed tools and associated runtime environments.
- Production deployments and configuration changes in a cutting edge low latency environment.
- Working with the development team to improve the supportability and robustness of the production runtime environment.
- Interface with the appropriate support or development teams to resolve issues, make changes and improve processes.
- Monitoring of trading systems and alerts through existing monitoring systems as well as continual re-evaluation of current systems to establish scope for improvement/growth.
- Test environment hardware and network changes as well as management of the infrastructure and test cases.
- Production collocated systems monitoring, overseeing of changes and maintenance of corresponding documentation.
- Monitoring and maintenance of large grid computing cluster
What we're looking for
- BSc. in a technical discipline or equivalence in experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong knowledge of networks, server hardware and network application systems
- Strong knowledge of either Windows or Linux/Unix
- Excellent IT analytical/troubleshooting skills to include extensive experience tracing problems through analysing log files and following application/systems logic.
- Experience with complex and structured software deployments.
- Experienced in a scripting language like Python, Perl, Bash or Power Shell is an advantage.
- An interest in finance is also an advantage.
- Self-motivated, smart, creative and organized
- Attention to detail – thorough in work carried out
- Initiative – proven record of seeking continuous improvement and implementing best practice in technology environment
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong communication (verbal and written) – ability to convey technically complex subjects in a clear and concise manner
- Comfortable both giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Interpersonal – friendly and approachable
- Teamwork – working together to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Susquehanna.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.