As Desktop Support Engineer you will join our existing Helpdesk team who are responsible for supporting the entire desktop environment for all groups within the SIG Dublin office – this extends to trading, technology, admin, finance and operations. This is a very challenging and varied environment that covers (among other areas) all windows desktop issues, PC builds, software installs, peripherals (keyboards, monitors, etc.), printers, telecoms (such as turrets (trading telecoms boards), phones, clocks, etc.), set up for new starters, trader desk moves, basic patching, file permissions and market data permissions, all of which are managing through the helpdesk support queue.
The role is a very demanding and technical one which involves you working in a highly active and demanding trading environment providing first level operational support for both trading and technology teams. There is a requirement that the Helpdesk team works closely with the Trading Application Support team and facilitates overlap where required to ensure consolidated support across our desktop systems and trading software.
You will display a strong technical ability in making critical support decisions while working under pressure. You will also work closely with Technology teams in Dublin and Philadelphia and other 3rd party support functions. All members of the team will participate in early morning and out of hours support schedules.
What we're looking for
- Desktop 1st and 2nd level support – working closely with the software development teams, system architects and traders to provide essential primary support for all desktop software and hardware systems – includes but not specific to Windows desktop issues, Access & Excel, user accounts, s/w installs, file permissions, basic patching,
- Peripherals – working within the production support team to complete Windows builds - using tools such as SCCM, Jira, confluence, splunk and setting up new workstations, monitors, managing new starters, printers
- Telecoms 1st and 2nd level support – providing support for trader desk turrets, desk phones, video conferencing, voicemail and voice recordings
- Trader desk relocations
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of support procedures, development and implementation of required/agreed tools and associated runtime environments
- Interact with various internal IT support functions to troubleshoot and resolve problems as they happen
- Liaising with technology teams in Bala and/or external vendors as required
- Audit Hardware, Patching, PC naming and record all information in a central location.
- Bsc in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Financial trade floor experience is beneficial
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows desktop OS XP professional/Windows 7 64- bit Win 10 64bit
- Excellent knowledge of Powershell scripting.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (2003/2010/2016), in particular Excel and Access
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory
- Strong working knowledge of peripherals, printers, graphics cards, network cards
- Knowledge of telecoms such as phone systems, video conferencing and turrets would be an advantage
- Reuters & Bloomberg Professional would be an advantage
- CIFS permission/ Folder ACL expertise an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, driven and creative
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent attention to detail – very thorough in work completed
- Ability to work well on own initiative or as part of a team
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility – all members of the Helpdesk team participate in early morning shift rotations
- Desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.