As Tactical Support Engineer you will join the Tactical Support team to work directly with the trading and operations to provide dedicated support as per requirements driven by the trading desks.
This is a very demanding and highly technical role which requires you to display strong technical skills primarily in Python, along with Access, Excel, VBA and SQL. A clear and demonstrated ability to take a problem from its inception right through to its final resolution is critical. The role will also require the successful candidate to manage complex project work for new or existing applications, monitoring systems and/or support tools.
Python is quickly becoming more popular with traders and operations staff. With the increase in the amount of requests specific to python we are looking to boost our expertise in that area. You the successful candidate will work closely with Technology teams in Dublin and Bala as well as the trading desks and associated operations teams. All members of the team participate in early morning and late evening support schedules.
What we're looking for
- Tactical application support - working closely with the trading desks, operations teams and development teams to provide essential primary support for all tactical (trading), operational and reporting applications.
- Development of new tactical applications as dictated by trading (desk) and operational driven requirements – primarily in the area of pricing, operational and reporting python applications, excel workbooks, VBA, Access and SQL.
- Trouble shooting of any/all issues that arise in relation to tactical applications, Python, RV (Rendezvous) messaging, Excel, Access, VBA.
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of tactical support procedures, development and implementation of required/agreed tools and associated runtime environments
- Interact with various internal IT support functions to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems as they happen
- Liaising with technology teams in Bala and/or external vendors as required
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years providing 2nd level Production Support in a complex systems environment providing support for a wide range of different complex applications.
- Minimum of 2 years working with python.
- Financial trade floor experience is a plus but not essential, training will be provided
- Strong knowledge of Python. Scripting experience is essential and experience with Anaconda and creating packages for distribution is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of Access, Excel, VBA and SQL is highly beneficial.
- Excellent IT analytical/troubleshooting skills to include extensive experience tracing problems through analysing log files, following application/systems logic (e.g. routing paths)
- Knowledge of scripting (e.g. Powershell, VBscript, Python)
- Exposure to the following would be beneficial
- Oracle databases
- Tibco RV
- Experience with complex and structured software deployments
- Trading systems support an advantage
- Experience in Citrix an advantage
- Initiative – proven record of seeking continuous improvement and implementing best practice in technology environment
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and creative
- Strong communication (verbal and written) – ability to convey technically complex subjects in a clear and concise manner
- Attention to detail – thorough in work carried out
- Interpersonal – friendly and approachable
- Teamwork – working together to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Flexibility – all members of the team participate in early morning and out of hours support schedules
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Susquehanna.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.