As an Operations Analyst on SIG's Equity Finance desk, you will sit side by side with our traders providing trade life-cycle support from execution through settlement, clearing and post-trade analysis. You will have the opportunity to leverage, and build upon, your technical skills using tools like Excel, VBA and/or SQL to drive process improvements across the desk. You will also gain more broadly based exposure to products traded across the firm as you interact with other trading desks to manage daily margin calls and support the firm’s position financing.
Your role will entail:
- Calculating and reconciling daily profit and loss
- Maintaining and supporting operational activities related to equities, listed options, futures and OTC swap trading activity on the desk
- Supporting our accounting department with monthly reconciliations and yearly audits
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal departments and external organizations to answer questions and resolve issues
- Continually monitoring and refining workflow and business processes to improve/enhance the settlement process
- Identifying process improvement opportunities to increase accuracy, efficiency and timeliness related to desk processes, procedures, or systems used to support daily activities
- Supporting PnL generation, maintenance and related variance analysis
What we're looking for
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree; specialization in business, finance or math preferred
- Co-op/internship experience in an Operations, Trade Support or related role a plus
- Experience with Excel required; experience with VBA, SQL and/or scripting (i.e. Python) preferred
- Ability to collaborate with a team while having the confidence to work independently
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.