At SIG, we view information security as pivotal to the success of our technology organization and our firm as a whole, and our Security team is crucial in protecting our information assets and technology. We are looking for a Security Engineer to join this team.
As a member of this team, you will partner with technical, business, and engineering teams on security upgrade projects, new implementations, and development of solutions to maximize our existing security framework. You will have the opportunity to work with other technical and business teams, which will allow you to understand the relationship between the solutions you are building, the technologies they interact with, and the business that is leveraging them. You will also get to research, evaluate, and customize new vendor products, as well as develop internal tools to help us simplify the way we solve problems.
In this role, you will:
- Focus on the design and optimization of our network perimeters including firewalls, VPNs, wireless security, Network Access Controls, and web and email gateways.
- Expand your network security knowledge and skills, while gaining exposure across additional domains including Internet, endpoint, malware, data, mobile, and identity and access security.
Why Join Our Team?
- You will get to work on a variety of security challenges and technologies. We offer the opportunity to focus in specific security domains, while still gaining exposure to additional technologies both within security, as well as across our networking and systems platforms.
- Our Engineers have the freedom, flexibility and resources to solve problems creatively and develop the most appropriate solution – this may range from buying/implementing vendor tools, rolling your sleeves up and developing custom solutions from the ground up, adapting open source solutions to meet SIG’s needs, or implementing process and policy controls when technology solutions are not available.
- We aren’t constrained by budgets. The options and solutions you can develop are endless. All you have to do is demonstrate your solutions are based on sound risk-based decision making and will be valuable to the firm.
- You don’t have to choose between researching, engineering and implementing solutions. You will have the opportunity to work on problems requiring big picture thinking, but will remain hands on with technology as you manage and execute large technical projects to drive growth with SIG’s security infrastructure.
- Continuous growth. At SIG, you don’t have to wait for tenure to take on new responsibilities. We have an open learning environment and our infrastructure, teams and skillsets are always growing.
What we're looking for
- Bachelors degree in Security, Networking, Computer Science or related technical discipline required
- Minimum of 5 years of network security experience
- Minimum of 3 years of security engineering and/or design experience required
- Experience with enterprise level firewalls and VPNs required
- Understanding of TCP/IP, routing, switching fundamentals, Internet protocols (such as HTTP(S), DNS, SMTP), and ability to do network administration/troubleshooting required
- Programming and/or scripting experience with Python, Perl, PowerShell or similar language to automate operational and management tasks required
- Experience with one or more of the following required: IDS/IPS, wireless security, NAC, web/email security gateways
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux administration, support and/or hardening preferred
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.