You will be primarily responsible for Global Settlements for the SIG European companies. The role involves working closely with traders in a front office environment. You will be required to build an excellent knowledge of the products traded by SIG and also the international markets in which we operate.
This is a superb opportunity for an individual with a keen interest in the financial markets to gain exposure within a true trading environment.
If you join us, you will be
- Managing positions through analysis of long/short positions on multi listed securities and instructing reregistration of securities to cover any short positions.
- Ensuring prompt and efficient settlement of all OTC and Exchange Trades across a range of different products such as: Equities, Fixed Income Bonds, Convertible Bonds, Options, ETF’s, and ADR’s, with a focus on regulatory and economic impact
- Liaison with inter-company departments such as: Securities Lending, Corporate Actions, Technology, Trading Desks and Trade Support to ensure high settlement rate and best service to the traders
- Directing the Prime Broker and Direct Market Access (DMA) provider’s settlement functions
- Daily monitoring and analysis of all buy-in notices received from Exchanges and DMA providers.
- Proactively communicate with traders and other relevant parties to quickly and efficiently manage critical trades which may result in buy in or exchange fines
- Investigation/analysis of all interest claims, fines, buy ins received in order to recommend changes to trading strategies so as to reduce such costs.
- Develop good relationships with Prime Brokers, Execution Brokers and clients.
- Compilation and analysis of monthly management reports on trading volume, tender offers, interest claims, buy-in notices, trade fails and PnL impact.
- Research and analysis into new markets/products.
- Project work directly relating to trading desks activities.
What we're looking for
- 3rd level degree, preferably in a business or finance related discipline is desirable.
- Experience in a similar role with European Settlements experience an advantage
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills are essential.
- Ambitious and self-motivated, not afraid to ask questions and use own initiative
- Knowledge of and an interest in financial markets and European Settlements
- Previous exposure to European Exchanges desirable, but not essential
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Access.
- Strong communicator (verbal and written).
- Strong customer focus.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills; including effective troubleshooting in a fast paced, time critical environment
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.