SIG has a job opportunity available for a Fixed Asset Accountant to join our Bala Cynwyd based Accounting team. By joining our team in this role, you will oversee the general ledger accounting for fixed assets across the firm, ensuring proper recording, depreciation, amortization, write down and disposition of these assets for all of the firm’s business entities. You will also serve as the lead for any audits related to fixed assets and related schedules. As you manage these responsibilities, you will have the unique opportunity to partner with our broader accounting team, as well as other teams across the firm, to build your knowledge of our business and optimize the processes by which you are operating.
Your role will entail:
- Ensuring that assets and capitalized items purchased through various channels (purchase order system, credit card, personal expense report) are recorded into our fixed asset databases
- Calculating depreciation on the various asset classes, posting related entries to the general ledger, and preparing reports to verify accuracy of depreciation calculations
- Managing the monthly reconciliation of assets (cost and accumulated depreciation) in our fixed asset databases to assets on individual entity’s general ledger
- Preparing the necessary journal entries, keeping a detail log of assets transferred between, and related to, entities
- Supporting various accounting reconciliations including those related to employee credit cards and expenses across the firm
- Reconciling purchase orders to invoices within our purchase order and accounts payable systems
What we're looking for
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a Corporate and/or Fixed Asset Accounting role
- Previous experience supporting Accounts Payable processes required
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.