We are looking for an Equity Research Associate to join us here at SIG. We have recently hired an Analyst for Broadline Retail, and he is looking to grow his team. In this role, you will be mentored by a Sr. Analyst as you work together to build his franchise here. In this role, you will perform most of the major functions of a research analyst, including analysis of individual company financial statements, market research, coverage initiation, and product and competitive positioning.
Our ideal candidate will conduct data collection, statistical studies and interaction with management and trade associations. You will also perform financial and valuation analyses by generating financial models and forecasts and will create competitive profiles on specific companies. The job offers excellent exposure to emerging growth companies in the Footwear sector and provides a strong career path in Sell-Side Equity research, asset management, and business development/corporate strategy.
In this role, you will:
- Provide primary analytical support for the Senior Analyst covering the space
- Conduct proprietary research, customer / partner interviews and industry surveys
- Perform financial and valuation analysis by generating financial models / forecasts and competitive profiles on companies under coverage
- Gather and analyze data from a variety of sources, including, but not limited to, company documents and materials, SEC / regulatory filings (annual reports, 10-K’s 10-Q’s, etc.), industry publications, trade shows, and online data services
- Interact with company management, internal sales force, and institutional investors
- Monitor and evaluate company news and events
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative area such as finance, economics, engineering or mathematics desired; CFA or MBA preferred
- 3 years of financial analysis experience in either the finance, accounting, or consumer sectors
- Series 7, 63, 86 and/or 87 a plus
- Excellent research, writing, communication, and organization skills; candidates must be very detail oriented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word)
- Independent thinker and self-starter with the motivation to learn about and excel in a dynamic industry
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.