SIG is seeking a new member to join our ETL team at our Bala Cynwyd headquarters just outside of Center City Philadelphia. This role will give you exposure to cutting-edge, distributed database environments that support our critical trading activities. Our team supports various internal teams and stakeholders as we acquire large amounts of data in our 24/7 production environment. You will work closely with these teams to provide hands-on support to monitor, schedule and troubleshoot critical FTP and ETL processes. This will include managing early morning loads of various data files from external parties, as well as identifying, investigating and troubleshooting any issues related to these jobs with minimal impact on trading activities.
We will look to you to provide technical expertise during system upgrades and deployments, as well as recommendations for process improvements and enhancements. Our team of ETL Architects and Developers will partner with you closely to mentor and develop you as you grow and expand your current ETL skills. You will also get to participate in team projects focused on analyzing the data needs of our technical and business teams to provide solutions for both batch and continuous data movements. This will include exposure to both enterprise class tools and custom scripting methods.
We have had continuous growth of mature enterprise wide ETL solutions and want to continue to expand services and features such as data quality and data profiling across our organization. We are looking for someone who is excited to join our efforts as we evolve, evaluate and promote newer technologies within this space across our firm globally.
This role requires an early morning support schedule (shift may start as early as 6:00am).
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Systems or a related technical discipline is required; Master’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience supporting and troubleshooting ETL and/or FTP related processes and jobs
- Experience with Informatica PowerCenter (9.0 or above) required; Exposure to real-time processing and/or CDC such as Informatica PowerExchange or similar tool a plus
- Exposure to Oracle database required; experience with SQL Server and/or MySQL a plus
- Experience with enterprise class scheduling tools such as Tidal, Control-M, or similar tool strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of FTP and/or SFTP strongly preferred
- Scripting experience with Shell, Perl or Python preferred
- Experience with ETL infrastructure administration or developing ETL processes without tools a plus.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.