Our Client Triage and Solutions (CTS) team is focused on the build, deployment, triage, automation, and development of all client technologies. Their work can be both tactical and project in nature. Performance monitoring and tuning of end points is critical to the stability of our environment; the CTS team researches, develops, and deploys our end point monitoring and response solutions. Given the focus on performance, tactical triage, and automation, the CTS team globally stewards the Microsoft Office suite. Microsoft Office product knowledge, training, performance, and triage are all within the team’s scope. The CTS team strategizes around the end user experience, making decisions around workstation, desktop, laptop, and virtual solutions based on their deep partnership with the end user community.
A Day in the Life of Our Client Triage and Support Team:
- We’re responsible for tactical deskside triage both inside and outside of our trading floor rooms. This ranges from preventative maintenance, compatibility testing, and troubleshooting hardware and software. We have to think quick to get a solution place, but also have the opportunity to research, test and build out longer term solutions to ensure our users aren’t encountering the same issues again and again.
- We partner with the business and technology teams. You will not be required to escalate issues off to another team, but will instead partner with those teams to ensure we are resolving issues for our users as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Our team works in a fast-paced environment that requires us to constantly be thinking of ways to minimize our workload and maximizing our performance. We have the freedom to develop tools and automation to benefit the needs of our team.
- We stay on our toes and keep busy. You will have plenty of opportunity to get out from behind your desk, whether it’s replacing hardware, moving workstations, or following up with a user to make sure the solution we provided is working for them.
- We build our own performance monitoring tools and use those tools to tune performance in our client computing technologies.
- We’re responsible for the Microsoft Office product suite. We steward product use vision, version and version iteration change, security patch testing, US product configuration, and global version and configuration recommendations.
- One of the most interesting parts of our role is the exposure we gain. We get to experiment with cutting-edge technologies, including testing prototype hardware, firmware, and software in both our trading and non-trading environments.
What we're looking for
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a technical support position required
- PC and laptop hardware and software installation and troubleshooting skills required
- Expert knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office 2013/2016 and Windows 7/10
- Must be able to lift/move equipment up to 50+ pounds
- BS in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or a similar major preferred
- Scripting experience in PowerShell or Python is preferred
- Microsoft SQL experience is a plus
For more information, please contact/send your resume to Liz Binswanger at Liz.Binswanger@sig.com.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.