At SIG, we understand that technology is critical to the success of our business. In this role, you will get to work with the latest technologies in our multi-vendor enterprise environment consisting of more than 7000 servers.
You will be tasked with the building, maintaining, and troubleshooting of our physical and virtual servers through a combination internally developed and third party tools. You will also partner with our engineering, development and business teams to validate server requests to ensure we are meetings the needs of the teams we support.
What sets us apart?
Exposure to a variety of tech- At SIG we use a diverse set of technologies to ensure we are operating in the most optimal way. You will gain knowledge and hands on experience across our infrastructure through individually tailored rotations with our Windows, Linux, Virtual, Storage, Citrix teams as well as optional rotations with our Networking, and Security teams. During these rotations you will partner with senior engineers and leads to work a wide area of projects. Projects will start with basic operational tasks, as your skills grow you will be working in tandem to develop innovative solutions that you will deploy company wide
We are constantly upgrading- Sig is committed to staying ahead of the curve. In this role you have access to all of our onsite labs, you will gain experience in building, troubleshooting, performance testing, as well as the opportunity to test your own ideas. From idea to implementation, you will champion projects from initial design and testing to implementing your solution throughout the production environment.
Leadership Experience- Once you find your footing you will participate in a Production Lead rotation. The production lead is in charge of orchestrating the team’s daily operations and sensitive maintenance activities. As production lead, you are the main conduit to other technology & business teams during production issues or critical situations. You will not only gain creative problem-solving and delegation experience, but will also lead our daily scrum to review the state of the environment
Grow your Skills- At SIG we are constantly trying to improve our environment, and that starts with you! We are looking for someone who is interested in improving their scripting skills by finding ways to automate pieces of our environment. Hardware more your thing? Spend time in the lab performance testing new hardware for our pre-production systems.
What we're looking for
- Pursing a BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering, or a similar technical major
- Knowledge of server-based operating systems required
- Experience with scripting a plus; Python or PowerShell preferred
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
The shift for this role rotates between a 9:00am-6:00pm shift, a 12:00pm-9:00pm shift, and a 7:00am to 4:00pm shift as Production Lead. Applicants must be willing to work all shifts.
- Relaxed dress code: jeans and sneakers are the norm, shorts all summer long
- Food, beverages, and snacks available all day
- A 9,000 square-foot gym with cardio, cross fit and strength machines, plus yoga and indoor cycling classes
- Discounts for dining, entertainment, shopping, travel, and attractions
- Social events including a poker tournament, dinners, and sporting events in Philadelphia
- On-site Wellness Center staffed with full-time Nurse Practitioner
- On-site services such as barber, dry cleaning and laundry, auto repair and detailing, and ATM
- Free housing is provided and conveniently located near SIG at the University of Pennsylvania
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.